4.22.2005

Ailey
Wang Theatre
April 19-24

I want to remain employed, but I think this is pretty dead on (except I didn't really care for Judy's part either):

"In going from the earnest sincerity of Jamison's opening to the cheesy slickness of Battle's conclusion, it confirms what many longtime Ailey watchers -- including this one -- feel has happened to the troupe over the years. It's settled for superficiality over substance or subtlety. It's become a reliable, risk-free commodity -- and the audience, which went wild after ''Love Songs," likes it that way."
Ailey troupe extends some superficial 'Love'
By Christine Temin, Globe Staff April 20, 2005

Ailey is like the Boston Pops. It certainly has its place, but I think it is not for me.
I did enjoy Hidden Rites on this program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home